- "Concierge Book" in every cabin full of maps, menus, brochures, hiking trails, and other area information.
- Linens, towels, toilet paper
- Full bathroom with toilet and 5' shower
- Queen bed with plush memory foam topper encased in a hypo-allergenic down envelope, and colorful quilt.
- Full kitchen with pots, pans, bowls, colander, spices, dishes, dish soap, paper towels, aluminum foil, spray Pam, microwave, stove, fridge w/freezer, toaster, 12 cup Coffee maker with filters
- Corkscrews, wine glasses, champagne glasses, and acrylic hot tub glasses!
- Satellite Flatscreen LCD TV with HBO/Showtime/Cinemax and lots of music channels (DirectTV Premier package), plus a DVD player. This is a satellite service so can be affected by weather - you will get most channels most of the time, but we cannot guarantee all channels all the time.
- Gas fireplace - no need for wood! The fireplace is on a thermostat and is the main heat source for the cabin (although we have back-up electric heat as well), so it isn't operational in the summer.
- Gas grill - propane provided so no need for gas or charcoal!
- Washer, dryer, and laundry soap (The washer and dryer are compact units with a very small capacity - roughly two pairs of pants. They are there if you find you need to wash some items during your stay, but please do not plan to do large volumes of laundry as they are easily overwhelmed! We attempt to have them operational at all times but do not guarantee it.)
- Hot tub and white cedar rocking loveseat & picnic table on covered porch. We ensure tha the hot tub is clean and ready for you as we know that is a big attraction for our guests!
- Shared phone at The Pumphouse for making outgoing calls, so no ringing phone in your cabin to bother you!
(The Paw Print DOES feature its own private phone.)
Most cell phones can get some service at the cabins (especially standing on The Pumphouse porch next to the landline!). AT&T phones will need to be able to roam.
Groceries – Stock up before you arrive as the small stores in and around Hot Springs have a limited selection of goods. Don't forget coffee, condiments, and burgers or steaks for the grill. Also bring whatever adult beverages you enjoy as you can only purchase beer and wine in Hot Springs.
Gasoline – Again, fill up before you get here. Hours can be limited in Hot Springs.
- Specialty kitchen gadgets - Please bring any specialty kitchen items such as: blender, mixer, crockpot, deep fryer, etc. We keep our kitchens fully stocked with the basics plus cutting boards, knives, cheese graters, etc, but do not stock specialty small appliances.
Personal toiletries - including shampoo. Shower gel is provided. An iron is provided in the cabin but there is no ironing board so press anything needed prior to arrival. (Towel on the counter works fine for touch-ups.) Or just be causal - no one in Hot Springs will care!
Clothing - layers, rain jacket, comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses.
For hikers - daypack, water bottles, hiking boots, compass, binoculars.
Camera (film, memory cards, and batteries too)
Wildflower and Tree ID books
- NEED FLOWERS? Shady Side Florist is located in Marshall, but they are happy to deliver flowers to the cabins. It is probably best if you contact them directly to request flowers and arrange payment. Do ask them to give us a call to arrange delivery. Let us know about your plans as well so we can coordinate the flowers to arrive while we are cleaning the cabins. Their number is 828-649-3343.
- Absolutely no smoking inside please! Ashtray for smoking outside on the porch only.
- No bonfires, campfires, firepits, etc. allowed on the premises. The risk of a forest fire is too high.
- No firearms of any kind are allowed to be used on the property.